Saturday, March 18, 2006

Getting Involved

I cannot believe it's already half way through March! I decided to get writing on something that is very close to my heart and that's getting involved ...

Starting out as a VA, the best way to get your business name "out there" is to get involved - whether it be at networking functions, committees, volunteering etc. Sometimes I tend to spread myself a bit thin, even after nearly 5 years in the business, you'd think I'd know better!

Some areas that I have been involved with include:
  • The Australian Institute of Office Professionals (AIOP) where I was Finance Officer for 3 years, successfully convened 3 Secretary's Day breakfasts and currently am Newsletter editor and Webmaster
  • Newsletter Editor for Neighbourhood Watch
  • Am a member of various networking groups such as ABN, WNA, Business Chicks, as well as quite a few 'free' networks both online and overseas
  • Currently on a Steering Committee which is developing an Online International Virtual Assistants Convention.
When starting out in any small business, whether it be virtual, retail or real, it is very important to get yourself known becuase people like to do business with someone they know or have been referred to.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment